I saw a great post on branding your email over on RecruitingBloggers.com. My friend the Recruiting Animal (@animal on Twitter) rusn the site which has a multitude of recruiting based bloggers who contribute there.
This particular article was written by CindyKraft (@CFOCoach), check out her blog here. Cindy did an excellent job of explaining what needs to be in an email signature. Seeing the post gave me an idea for writing this post. See, since I’m a lazy guy I have no compunction whatsoever at ripping off great post ideas and running with them.
After reading Cindy’s psot I thought the only way that I might improve upon it would be to add a visual – and perhaps give an explanation of what components I put into my signature. so here goes:
I send email from Outlook, always in HTML. That gives me the ability to have live hyperlinks in my email. The components of my signature are pretty complicated. First I should pause for a minute to give credit where credit is due. I stole the idea for the signature from my friend Jim Durbin (@SMHeadHunter) who is heavy duty into social media marketing, thanks Jim.
So here are my components:
- Logo – contributes to branding. I do SEO which should get you ‘Seen Online by Everyone’ – this is a visual that will get you to recognize me and my brand.
- Full Name – hyperlinked to an up-to-date online resume.
- Title – lets you know who you are dealing with (ego gratification for me ;o)
- Affiliate Program – hyperlinked to my affiliate program description. I share the wealth. YES, I’m in business to make money, but you can earn too!
- LinkedIn Profile – a quick click and you can connect to more than 15MM people
- Office Phone – hyperlinked to Jaxtr which can let them call me for free with just a click
- Website – hyperlinked to my email capture squeeze page
If you don’t know how to do this or you don’t have time, I can put them together for you. Rates are negotiable (depending upon the size of your staff/number of sigs you need) Get in touch with me through my business blog at http://WebsitesThatDriveSales.com/blog/